Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Quote

"Oh, what did you see, my blue eyed son ?
And what did you see, my darling young one ?
I saw a newborn baby with wild wolves all around it
I saw a highway of diamonds with nobody on it
I saw a black branch with blood that kept drippin'
I saw a room full of men with their hammers a-bleedin'
I saw a white ladder all covered with water
I saw ten thousand talkers whose tongues were all broken
I saw guns and sharp swords in the hands of young children
And it's a hard, it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard
It's a hard rain's a-gonna fall."


-Bob Dylan

I Choose this passage for three reasons. The first reason is because, I spent a good portion of my early childhood listening to Bob Dylan records for hours and hours. So, in a way, it gives me a sense of familiarity whenever i hear them again today. The second reason I choose this particular quote, is because i really like how the intense imagery makes something so deep and poetic easy to comprehend. The third, and final, reason why i choose this quote, is because i find it interesting that the same problems, such as war and poverty, are almost identical now as they were back then.

1 comment:

unknown said...

"are almost identical now as they were back then." makes you wonder doesn't it?